Sunday 31 May 2015

News from the Studio - from Lesley Seeger

News from the Studio



North Yorkshire Open Studios starts next weekend!
 
My newsletter is called 'News from the Studio' but I may soon have to rename it 'Lesley's Field Notes' because my new passion is painting and print-making 'plein air'.

 Much of my early work was painted totally from imagination and memory using the hot colours of India and Sri Lanka. I then began to work from observation, sketching English landscapes and re-working a lot in the studio. Now I take my paints and canvas out into the landscape where most of the work is done.  The paintings try to catch a moment, the spirit of place.

I'm looking forward to sharing the results of my new passion over the next two weekends when I'll be showing it during North Yorkshire Open Studios (6-7 & 13-14 June 2015). I'm exhibiting in Stonegarth Cottage, Gillamoor where I'll be hosted by a friend. There are three other artists exhibiting in the same village (you can see their flyer below), as well as delicious tea and cakes being served along with great pubs and cafes nearby.

 There are places left on both of my forthcoming painting workshops, which take place in the inspiring surroundings of Helmsley's Walled Garden. These two day workshops are suitable for the novice and seasoned painters alike, and make a great gift for anyone you know who would like to reconnect with their creativity in a supportive learning environment. Both weekends sold out last year so do email me soon if you'd like to book a place.

 With love,

 Lesley



http://www.nyos.org.uk/Artist.aspx?id=394


http://www.helmsleywalledgarden.org.uk/whats-on/courses/a-sense-of-place/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.