Friday 30 November 2012

Movember - raising vital funds and awareness for men’s health

Movember
by Howard Wallis

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in the UK and around the world. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
  
It's now nearly the end of Movember and throughout the month I’ve been cultivating a patch of fuzz on my top lip to support Movember:

Howard's Movember Moustache
If you feel I have made enough of a fool of myself, please support this worthwhile cause by making a donation. The size of it isn’t important, every little contribution helps Movember to continue its funding of world class programmes.  If you want to know more about what you’ll be helping to fund, you can visit Movember's Program Overview page.

To highlight the importance of what I am doing, take a look at these statistics:
  • 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
  • This year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK
  • 47% of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90% occur in men under 55 years
If you’d like to help change these statistics (or if you’d just like to have a laugh at my ‘tache’), please donate to the cause by:
  • Donating online at: http://mobro.co/howardwallis
  • Writing a cheque payable to 'Movember', referencing my Registration ID: 3408093 and mailing it to: Movember Europe PO Box 68600 London EC1P 1EF 
I know I’m not ‘the only Mo Bro in the village’ – there are a few other brave souls taking part too – including Charlie, Maurice & Pete (and probably others too) – so if you’d like to donate to them please do.  It all goes to the same good cause.   As this is a rather last minute plea – I am keeping the ‘tache for an extra day so all you lucky people have a last chance to catch a glimpse of it if you see me out and about tomorrow!
  
Many thanks

Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.