Tuesday, 10 September 2019

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting September 5th 2019


Huttons ambo parish council MINutes

From Meeting On September 5th 2019


1.    Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies

David Banks, Andy Dorman, Simon Lealman, Emma Samuel and Sarah Banks (Clerk). Apologies were received from Philip Barraclough.

2. Approval of Minutes

Minutes of the July meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3. Matters Arising

a)    Village Road Markings:  Simon Lealman has reported the issue regarding worn road markings and pot holes throughout the village to the Parish Portal. With regard to the road markings, these should now be scheduled in the system and repainted in due course.

b)    Renewal of Bus Services: The Parish Clerk has forwarded the views of the councillors onto Integrated Passenger Transport regarding renewal of the 181 bus service through the village from April 2020. Councillors had stressed the importance of the service for villagers.

c)    History Group Workshop: Philip will attend the workshop organised by the Council for British Archaology (CBA) Yorkshire as it may offer opportunities for funding that would benefit the village.

d)    Village Information Board: Sarah has been in touch with one of the members of Lockton Heritage Group regarding an information board they have in their village. This style would work well in Huttons Ambo, potentially sited in Low Hutton and High Hutton and to include village information, walks, photos and possibly a QR code linked to the village website. Initial costings look positive so Sarah will now get a detailed breakdown of costs.

e)    Tree Inspections: David has asked Tom Cundall to carry out inspections of the main trees in the village. It is hoped his report will be available for the next meeting.

f)     Low Lane End: David suggested meeting with Highways England regarding current safety and access concerns at Low Lane End. There is also an issue with overgrown foliage which is causing visibility issues for cars pulling out onto the A64. David will raise this with Highways England and ask for the foliage to be cut back.

g)    PoW Thanks: The PC has written to thank Rona Charles for all her work in mapping and organising walks and collating information gathered to address any issues on the routes.

h)    Parish Liaison Meeting: September 18th: One of the parish councillors will aim to attend this meeting at Ryedale House.


4. New Matters

a)    Drug Litter in High Hutton: David said he had noticed drug litter in High Hutton which he has reported to the police who will monitor the situation.

b)    Village Broadband: Work is progressing on installing fibre optic broadband in the village. Although there is no set date for completion as yet, work is certainly progressing through the village. There had been a delay due to blocked ducts. Current work involves linking the fibre on the poles to the houses which should be completed in the near future.

5  Planning: Councillors had no comments regarding a planning application 19/00902/ADV Harrison Developments at Cherry Tree Close, Malton, for an internally lit sign.

 
6. Finance: Budget Progress to August 31st 2019. Sarah gave a break down of budget to date.

 
7. AOB: Grass cutting: The branches on the oak tree on the village green are causing difficulties with grass cutting. It was agreed to ask Cundalls to look at trimming some of the lowest branches.

Councillors also discussed tidying up the edges of the pavements throughout the village before winter. David will ask Mark Wilson if this is something he would be available to do.

 
8. Date of next meetings

November 12th 2019

 
Sarah Banks, Clerk to the Parish Council - huttonsamboparishclerk@gmail.com

 



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment