Thursday, 27 July 2017

CAFE CHURCH - with Dr John Sentamu Archbishop of York - St Margaret's Church - Sunday 30th July

Benefice Service at St Margaret's Church
Huttons Ambo
CAFE CHURCH
with the Archbishop of York
Dr John Sentamu

Sunday 30th July
1000am

 Do come and join us for coffe, cake 
and a short service 
with the Archbishop


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Monday, 24 July 2017

Church Services - August 2017

St Margaret's Church - Services August 2017

Sunday 6th August 11am Morning Service - The Rector
Sunday 20th August 11am Holy Communion – Canon Rogers
Sunday 27th August 11am Three Parish Holy Communion – The Rector


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Village Hall Relaunch Night - Pictures




A Village Hall Re-Opening Celebration was held on Friday June 16th with invitations to the whole community to come and celebrate and enjoy our refurbished hall and new facilities.



John Jenyns said a few words to mark the event, Councillor William Oxley the Chair of  Ryedale District Council and his wife joined us along with around 70 villagers.


 The weather was lovely so chairs and tables were outside as well as inside the hall, the jazz band played and everyone enjoyed Fletchers bourguignon beef and a drink. It was a really lovely evening.









© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Village Hall Update

Village Hall Update

We are now wi-fif enabled thanks to Beeline Broadband and we also have PA, projector, screen, hearing loop, basic staging as well as a clean and cosy environment. The hall is cleaned weekly to make sure that its kept in good condition.

Residents and village groups get a discount on rental and all we ask in return is that everyone leaves the hall in the state they would like to find it.


If you are looking for a venue for a party, a club, a meeting or social – please get in touch.

Please make use of our wonderful hall to make sure we can cover our running costs going forward.

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

The 63rd Huttons Ambo Flower & Produce Show - Saturday 5th August 2017 - Don't Forget

Don't forget, the 63rd Huttons Ambo Flower & Produce Show is on Saturday 5th August 2017 at the Village Hall

ADMISSION Adults 50 pence   Children Free

DOORS OPEN 4:00 pm 

RAFFLE TICKETS 4.00 - 5:00pm

 REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE 4:00 - 5:00 pm 

 PRESENTATION of Cups and Trophies 5:00 pm 

 Raffle draw  - At the end of the presentations 


Schedule and Entry form Available at Herbies

 

Friday, 21 July 2017

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL 

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON 11th JULY 2017

1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
Richard Green (Chairman) welcomed Cllrs. Andy Dorman, Jessie Garnett, and Simon Lealman, and Clerk, Jem Charles.  He also welcomed Bridget Skaife, Community Officer, RDC and Michael Cleary, District Councillor, Derwent Ward.

2.         Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the May meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3.         Matters Arising
a)  A64 junctions
Richard reported that he had not followed this up because of the elections.  Simon confirmed that both junctions have a short stretch of highway officially designated as “In dispute”.  It was agreed that Simon will make a formal request to the Land Charges Registry for a statement of the legal position regarding these two parcels.  Bridget Skaife offered to search the Land Registry to check the recorded status.  Richard thanked her and accepted.
Richard will re-engage with Kevin Hollinrake MP and contact Caroline Goodrick, new NYCC Councillor, to seek their support.
b)  Potholes at The Rise and elsewhere
Jem had thanked NYCC Highways.
c)  Mobile Post Office
Jem reported that there have been no further developments and that the problem appeared to be lack of commitment on behalf of Post Office Counters Ltd.  Jem will re-establish contact with our MP to seek further assistance.
d)  Net covers for kerbside recycling boxes
Jem has acquired a small supply and posted notices advertising their availability.

4.         New Matters
a)  RDC Community Team
Bridget Skaife outlined the functions of the new team including the rĂ´le of Community Officers, including as support for specialist staff undertaking field visits and site inspections.  They are also the point of contact for accessing Community Grants.  Richard thanked her and welcomed the availability of a single initial point of contact for all District Council departments.
b)  N Yorks Community messaging
Richard and Jessie said that they have signed up and have found it potentially useful.  Individuals can subscribe and select topics of interest on which to be sent messages.  Jem will post notices advertising the availability of this service.
c)  Trees adjacent to 2 Low Low Hutton Park
Jessie reported that this issue has been satisfactorily resolved.
d)  Cycle Lane for A64 at Low Lane End
Confirmation has been received that construction is still planned for 2018.  This was welcomed but Simon expressed concern regarding subsequent maintenance.
e)  Roads maintenance
i.       The white line at Barneygate Lane End prioritising traffic at the triangle has all but disappeared.  This creates a significant risk of accident.  Jem will write to NYCC Highways pointing out this serious safety issue and requesting repainting.
ii.      Simon had compiled a list of potholes requiring attention which should meet the repair criteria.  Richard will review the list to check whether there are others to add.  Jem will write to NYCC Highways on 21st July.
f)   A64 pedestrian safety
Richard, Jessie and Andy had attended a recent meeting at Welburn regarding pedestrian safety on the A64 between the Welburn junction and Musley Bank.  It had been agreed that an A64 Road Safety Action Group (RSAG) would be established to focus specifically on pedestrian safety to sustain pressure on Highways England.  Jessie and Richard attended the first meeting of the RSAG and will remain involved it in the future.  Andy stressed that priority should be given to practical measures that could be implemented soon. Richard will forward the minutes of the first RSAG meeting to Council members.
In addition Jem will write to Highways England to repair the flattened “Keep Left” sign on the central refuge near the Barneygate Lane end junction.

g)  Transparency Code for Smaller Councils
Richard reminded Councillors of the legal requirements.  Jem confirmed that these have been met for 2016/17, as in previous years.  Jem will forward the Code to Councillors for information.
h)  Freedom of Information Act 2000 & Environmental Information Regulations 2004
Richard reported that the Council has received FoI request which had prompted some background research.  He informed Council that it is legally bound by the provisions of the statutes and must respond appropriately to such requests:
i.       There is a requirement to make public how the Council will publish certain information.  Jem will forward the Model Publication Scheme paper prepared by the Information Commissioner’s Office for consideration at the next meeting.
ii.      The FoI request, from Friends of the Earth, concerned communication between the Council and certain bodies and companies concerned with fracking.  A response was sent stating that none had occurred.
i)   Community Emergency Plan
Richard outlined the scope and purpose of a plan.  Councillors agreed that it might be worthwhile preparing a simple plan for the village.  Jem will forward a short guidance note, which contains links to a suggested template etc.  Preparation of the Plan will be discussed at the next meeting.  Jem will invite Grace Lawes, NYCC Emergency Planning Officer to attend.

5.         Planning
a)  Hydramotion
A revised application is anticipated which will address concerns raised by RDC.  It was agreed that the Council strongly supports the modest expansion on this site.
b)  Barn West of Village Green – Walker Fold Barn
Some issues have been raised by RDC which are currently under discussion.
c)  Unit 7 Malton Enterprise Park
Approved.  Again RDC did not notify the Council.  Jem will raise the lack of communication with RDC and supply Michael Cleary with details so that he can also seek to ensure prompt notification of planning decisions in future.

6.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
The report to 30th June was considered to show that the position was satisfactory.

7.         Any Other Business
a)  Donation
Andy had been given a generous cash donation to help with tidying of the surrounds to the Village Hall after the recent building works.  Richard will thank the donor.

8.         Date of Next meeting(s)
Tuesday 10th October and, provisionally, 28th of November 2017 at 7.30.

Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com


Signed:…………………………………………….(Richard Green, Chairman)

Date: ……………………………..


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Thursday, 6 July 2017

PARISH COUNCIL FINANCES 2016/17


The end of year report has now been prepared and audited by the internal auditor.

The  Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities requires that this information is made publicly available on a free to use website.

The following documents can be viewed via these links:







Parish Councillors for the year were:

Andy Dorman
David Banks
Jessie Garnett
Richard Green (Chairman)
Simon Lealman

Jem Charles, Clerk to Huttons Ambo Parish Council

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Lunch at Minster Hill - in aid of Church Funds - Saturday 8th July

Lunch at Minster Hill - in aid of Church Funds

Please come and join us at Minster Hill on Saturday 8th July at 12 Noon for a lunch of pate and cheese.

We shall be out of doors in the garden if the weather permits but it probably won’t in which case we shall be in the house!

Cost £5 (to include a first glass of wine) with children free of charge.

Proceeds will all go to St Margaret’s Church to assist with maintenance.

We shall be delighted if you can be with us and would ask that you let us know if you can come by either e-mailing minster (dot) hill (at) btinternet.com or by calling 01653 695008.

Rosa and Murray Naylor.

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Village Hall Quiz Night - Saturday 15th July

Quiz Night Saturday 15th July

7pm for first question at 7.30pm

Teams of 6 max

£2.50 per person to enter

Food - jumbo homemade sausage roll with spicy beans or veggie option followed by lemon drizzle cake and ice cream or cheese and biscuits.

Booking in advance ( by Thursday 13th) essential if you want food, email Info (at) Huttonsambo.com or leave a message at Herbies.

Liz Ellis

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Tuesday, 4 July 2017

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

NOTICE OF MEETING

A   Meeting   of   Huttons Ambo   Parish   Council
will take  place  in  the  Village  Hall
on Tuesday,  11th July 2017 at 7.30.

Local residents are invited to attend all Parish Council Meetings.
Copies of the (unadopted) Minutes of Meetings will be posted on the Parish Notice Boards and the Village Website.

Agenda

1        Welcome, Councillors present, Apologies for Absence

2         Approval of Minutes

3        Matters Arising:
a)      A64 road junctions
b)      Potholes at The Rise and elsewhere
c)       Mobile Post Office
d)      Net covers for kerbside recycling boxes

4       New Matters:

a)      RDC Community Team - Bridget Skaife (Community Officer)
b)      N Yorks. community messaging
c)       Trees adjacent to 2 Low Hutton Park
d)      Cycle lane for A64 at Low Lane End
e)      Roads maintenance – various
f)        A64 pedestrian safety
g)      Transparency Code for Smaller Councils compliance review
h)      Freedom of Information Act 2000 & Environmental Information Regulations 2004
a.     Model Code for Publication
b.     Response to Friends of Earth enquiry
i)         Community Emergency Plan

5          Planning:
a)      Hydramotion
b)      Barn West of Village Green – Walker Fold Barn
c)       Unit 7 Malton Enterprise Park

6        Finance:      
a)    Budget progress to 30th June

7        Any Other Business

8        Date of next Meeting - Provisionally 12th September 2017 at 7.30pm


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council

parishclerk@huttonsambo.com

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Friday, 30 June 2017

KERBSIDE RECYCLING

REDUCE LITTER

on windy recycling days

Plastic bottles and bits of paper and card are often blown out of the green boxes and blue bags

You can help!

Net covers are available, FREE, and can be collected from reception at Ryedale House or contact Jem Charles
  


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Monday, 19 June 2017

Village walk to the church and back - Saturday 9th September 2017

Village walk to the church and back Saturday 9th September 2017

Having climbed Everest 5 times last September with the help of 60 dogs, a number of bicycles and one or two horses, we are deciding to do it all over again on Saturday 9th September 2017

So please keep your dog in training. This year there will be the added opportunity for those that enjoy swimming to help.

 More information as it becomes available...


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

The 63rd Huttons Ambo Flower & Produce Show - Saturday 5th August 2017

Announcing the 63rd Flower & Produce Show 


Poster by William Banks

© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

YORKSHIRE DERWENT PARTNERSHIP

"The Derwent Partnership brings together people from local communities, landowners, businesses and other organisations to decide how the River Derwent, the rivers and streams flowing into the Derwent and the land adjacent to them can be managed for the interests of wildlife, habitats and people."

Partnership approach (and a change in name)
The Partnership is seeking to take an integrated, whole catchment approach to resolving the environmental issues on the River Derwent.  We have changed the name of the Partnership from the River Derwent Catchment Partnership to the Yorkshire Derwent Partnership. This helps to distinguish us from other rivers of the same name, for example in Derbyshire and Cumbria. Building on the twin foundations of the Catchment Based Approach (CaBA) and natural flood management as well as earlier work with stakeholders, the Board has agreed the following objectives for the Partnership:

·         Ecology and Water Quality – To improve ecology and water quality within the catchment and to protect water supplies.
·         Water Level Management – To reduce flood risk and increase resilience to drought through better water level management and a more naturally functioning river system.
·         Habitats and Species – To create, protect, improve and expand habitats to increase connectivity and protect vulnerable species.
·         Enjoyment and Education – To improve the quality of existing public access, understanding and a sense of connection to the river and surrounding areas, for enjoyment and wellbeing, without impacting wildlife.
·         Economy – To assist sustainable economic growth by supporting more resilient and better land management.

Invasive Species – interested in taking action?
In the last update, we asked people to get involved by helping us map the locations of three particular invasive plant species which are a particular issue in the Derwent Catchment: Giant Hogweed, Himalayan Balsam and Japanese Knotweed. This generated a lot of interest and some of you have been in touch to find out what plans there are to tackle Invasive Non-Native Species (INNS) across the catchment. Many organisations who work in the catchment and some local community groups already keep their own records of INNS locations and treatment records, but we don’t have a map of this activity across the catchment. We are planning to do some work on this in 2017 so that we have much better evidence of where INNS are located and where it’s being treated. Do you keep records of this in your organisation or for your community group? If the answer is yes, then please get in touch and you could help us collate this information for the catchment as a whole – a crucial first step in planning how we tackle this across the catchment.

Rona Charles has offered to act as co-ordinator for this work within, and around, the Parish.

Are you a land manager interested in natural flood measures? If so, let us know.

The Regional Flood and Coastal Committee money will be used to support the continued running of the partnership and to deliver some catchment-scale studies and demonstration projects, particularly aimed at promoting natural flood measures amongst farmers and landowners. This involves working with natural processes to slow, store and filter water and includes measures such as woodland planting, off-line storage ponds, non-flood plain wetlands and washlands. If you are a land manager and would like to explore the potential for using some of your land for natural flood measures, please get in touch. 

Research into Natural Flood Measures (NFM)
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) has made available £5m for up to four major research projects into NFM science and innovation.  A team led by Prof Dan Parsons, Professor of Sedimentology at Hull University, has put in a bid about scaling connectivity, capacity and conveyance in NFM, which – if successful -  will focus on the Yorkshire Derwent as its primary study catchment.

For further information look at:


© 2017 www.huttonsambo.com