Tuesday, 14 May 2019

Village Hall Bookings

 If you're planning an event in the Village Hall, please don't just assume that the hall will be free - check the available dates and then call or email Maggie to book it.



You can check the available dates here:


and download the booking terms and conditions.

Remember book it first.



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Forthcoming Events - May/June 2019

2th May 7pm History Group

29th May 11am Book Club (Jackie's)

1st June 9am-5pm Village Cafe

4th June 730pm Produce Show Committee Meeting

12th June 7pm Low Hutton History Walk (Meet at Oak Tree, Village Green)

15th June 7pm Quiz Night

19th June 7pm High Hutton History Walk (Meet at Church)

26th June 7pm North of A64 History Walk (Meet High Hutton Lane End)

26th June 11am Book Club 11am (Alisons's)

29th June 10am-5pm History Group Open Day



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Monday, 6 May 2019

Parish Council/Annual Meeting - 15th May 2019

The next Huttons Ambo Parish Council meeting takes place at the village hall on Wednesday, May 15th at 7pm.

This month's meeting includes the annual meeting of the parish council which includes a review of what the council has done over the previous year.

All are very welcome to attend.


Annual Meeting Agenda:

HUTTONS AMBO
ANNUAL PARISH
MEETING


2018/19
15th MAY 2019

Agenda

1 Welcome
2 Approval of minutes
3 Chairman’s report
4 Finance officer’s report
6 Any Other Business


Parish Council Agenda:
HUTTONS AMBO
PARISH COUNCIL
15th MAY 2019

Agenda

1 Welcome, Councillors present, apologies for absence

2 Approval of Minutes of meeting on 19th March

3 Matters arising:
  1. 30 mph speed limit
  2. Monitoring of PRoW
  3. Tree inspections
  4. Low Lane End
  5. Appointment of new clerk
  6. Crime survey – Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
  7. Parish footpath map
  8. Litter in Station ‘car park’
  9. Councillor vacancy
4 New matters:
  1. Library of things
  2. Road closure - Hydramotion

5 Planning:
  1. Barn House, High Gaterley (19/00143/HOUSE)
  2. Tofoo Company, York Rd Industrial Estate. (19/00394/FUL) Installation of effluent treatment plant.

6 Finance:
  1. Budget progress to 30th April 2019

7 Any Other Business

8 Date of next Meeting

Provisionally 16th July 2019

Sarah Banks, Clerk to the Parish Council


© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Huttons Ambo Parish History Group - 4th April 2019

Minutes of Huttons Ambo Parish History Group meeting held on Thursday 4TH April 2019
Present at meeting
Philip Barraclough (PB), Rona Charles(RC), Graham Milner (GM) David Green (DG) and Emma Samuel(ES) Susan Milward (SM)
1. Apologies for Absence
Denise Doggett(DD), Ann Sanders, Alan Sanders, Pam Taylor (PT), Andy Doorman (AD), Andrew Jackson
2. Minutes of last meeting were agreed
3. The Exhibition
PB confirmed that the Exhibition would now take place on Saturday 29th June.
DG agreed to hold a Fair Trade stand to help raise fund.
Other events could include a children’s fancy dress in association with the Youth Club.
Refreshments based on a Victorian theme (Liz Ellis has agreed to sponsor the refreshments)
A village recipe book
 4. Oral history
PB reported that Clive Milson had agreed to take part and that in the absence of special audio equipment a smart phone would be used but that he would need to obtain the necessary software.
5. History walks
It was agreed that the history walks go ahead and that Simon Jackson be contacted regarding the history of the church and that Claire Jenyngs be contacted regarding access to the grounds of the Hall.
The idea of a history cruise on the Derwent was discussed with GM having access to a boat.
A party of 15 could be accommodated. It was agreed that a trial cruise should be undertaken beforehand. PB and RC agreed to take the lead.
Suggested Dates
Low Hutton 12th June
High Hutton 19th June
North of the A64 26th June
River Derwent History Cruise 21st July
6. Fund Raising
DD will hold a fund raising event on the 1ST June
7. Archaeological Dig
ES emphasized that any dig would need a research plan and would need to be properly documented. She suggested that we contact archaeologist John Kenny who has experience of running community archaeology projects. It was agreed that PB, SM and ES would field in the fields owned by SM to identify a likely target for digging on the 22nd April at 10am. She also suggested that we look into aerial mapping - York– Archaeological Air Mapping could be approached.
8. Any other business RC reported back on the files held on the parish by North Yorkshire County Council. It was apparent that there was little that was not already held by the group or has available on the internet.
Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting is on Thursday 9th May in the Village Hall at 7pm.



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Lesley Seeger - York Open Studios 2019 - Weekend 2





© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Thursday, 4 April 2019

John Bemrose Family Tree - Help Wanted

John Bemrose is compiling his family tree and would like any infirmation about:

William Spencer, father-in-law of 1st cousin 1x removed, who was Landlord of the Triton Inn, Sledmere from 1937.

He is noted as "previously 18 years a chauffeur".

The 1911 census noted he was at High Hutton and listed as "Domestic Chauffeur". Presumably at the hall for the Starkeys?

His wife was Mabel, and there were three sons, Thomas 1909, "Baby" 1911 and David George 1912.

If you can add any information please contact Jon at:




© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Huttons Ambo Parish History Group - Minutes 28th February 2019

Minutes of Huttons Ambo Parish History Group meeting held on Thursday  28th February 2019

Present at meeting

Philip Barraclough (PB),  Pam Taylor (PT),  Rona Charles(RC), Diane Savage (DS) Andy Doorman (AD), Graham Milner (GM), Carol Haig (CH), David Green (DG)

1. Apologies for Absence
Denise Doggett(DD), Ann Sanders  and Alan Sanders

2. Action Report
RC reported that was still trying to obtain large scale mapping of the parish. This map was to be used to replace the hand annotated map held by Joyce Parker. AD stated that he was trying to obtain copies of large scale maps of the parish dating from the 19th Century. Unfortunately Malton library have lost one of the maps – but AD said he would pursue the matter. DG stated that he had a number of large scale  maps dating from the 1960s. RC said that during her attempts to obtain maps from the County Council she had come across the fact that council holds a record on the archaeology etc of each parish and that she would try obtain details of the contents.

The meeting agreed that it would be of great value to hold maps of these three periods. However it was pointed out by PB that holding current property details would come within the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR).

PB reported that he had started writing a history of the village.

PB requested that members send him a list and brief description of any documents that the group hold on the history of the village.

3. The Exhibition
PB stated that in discussion with DD  suggested that the Exhibition should be a one day event associated with a tea, coffee  and cakes, which would hopefully attract more of the village than if it was just an exhibition. The meeting approved this and PB stated he would circulate some suggested dates.

4. PB reported that he had attended a course in London on oral history. One of the main issues tackled on the course apart conducting an interview was GDRP and the importance of obtaining written permission from the subject to obtain a recording and then how it would be used.

After considerable discussion it was decided that PB would interview DS, GM and if possible Clive Milson as a first step.

GM will investigate if his company has specialist recording equipment.

5. Goals for 2019.

Oral Histories
History walks
Archaeological Dig
Exhibition
First draft of village history


5. Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting is on Thursday 4th April in the Village Hall at 7pm.



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Friday, 29 March 2019

Lesley Seeger - York Open Studios 2019 Preview Invitation


York Open Studios 2019 Preview Invitation
Venue 18


You are cordially invited to my preview evening, Venue 18, on Friday 5th April 6.00pm - 9.30pm for wine, nibbles and a look at my exciting new work.

53 Low Petergate (rear entrance to Quacks The Printers, Grape Lane) 

Upstairs from PICA artists downstairs.

Other times to visit York Open Studios are the 

6th, 7th and 13th, 14th April 2019, 10am - 5pm. 

Best Wishes, 

Lesley Seeger




© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Wednesday, 27 March 2019

PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES - MARCH

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON
19th MARCH 2019


1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
David Banks (Chairman) welcomed Cllrs. Andy Dorman, Simon Lealman and Philip Barraclough.  Richard Kershaw had tendered his resignation.  He also welcomed one member of the public.

2.         Approval of Minutes
a)  Minutes of the January meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3.         Matters Arising
a)  30 mph speed limit
David is to meet with an engineer from NYCC Highways for a site inspection and discussion of options.  David will notify Councillors when a date has been arranged.
b)  Monitoring of PRoW
David has not yet had an opportunity to discuss necessary work with Richard Wainwright or other land managers.  Rona presented a schedule of the works identified by volunteer surveyors.
c)  Tree inspections
Jem outlined the range of approaches to tree safety taken by some other Councils.  Andy and David will contact David Bayes and Cundalls tree surgeons respectively to obtain quotes for inspections and reports.

d)  Low Lane End
Concerns were again expressed regarding the use of the junction by heavy vehicles for turning resuming once current construction work has been completed.  Jem will write to Highways England to ask what is planned for the piece of ground at present being used as a compound at the completion of the current cycleway construction project.
e) War memorial
David has yet to visit memorials in Hull to ascertain whether Mark Armstrong is commemorated there, 
f)   Retrospective charge for storage in the Village Hall
Council decided that it would not be appropriate to make such a payment.  David will write to the Village Hall treasurer accordingly.

4.         New Matters
            a)   Appointment of new Clerk
No expressions of interest had been forthcoming.  Jem will contact adjacent Councils and Ryedale DC community officer to seek any assistance.  From April 2019 David will take on the responsibilities until a Clerk can be appointed.  Jem will inform HMRC that the Council has no employee from 1st April.
b)  Crime survey – Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner
David will complete and submit a response to the questionnaire.
c)  YLCA course briefing
Jem outlined the main points listing the legal duties, responsibilities and powers of a Council.  It was agreed that the current pragmatic approach to Council business remains appropriate.
d)  Malton Town Council as statutory consultee for York Rd Ind Estate
Jem will write Ryedale DC to seek clarification why one Council is considered to be a statutory consultee for applications in a neighbouring parish.
e)  Parish portal
Jem briefly explained the facility for reporting highways defects.  Jem will set up access to the system for Simon who will take on responsibility.
f)   A64 cycle/foot-path
The current construction of a footpath/cycleway was welcomed though with some reservations about the lack of separation of pedestrians and cyclists from fast moving vehicles.
g)  Parish footpath map
It was agreed that provision of a simple map showing public rights of way would be beneficial and could be funded by the Council.  David will investigate possible options and likely costs.
h)  Community First Yorkshire members survey
David will respond as appropriate
i)   Litter at Station car-park
Concern was expressed that there have been indications of drugs use.  Philip will contact the police to alert them.  Andy will discuss the possible siting and maintenance of a litter bin at the location.
j)   Proposed closure order – Seven Street
No action required.
k)  May Elections
Jem outlined some of the processes and suggested Councillors seek volunteers as candidates.  Jem will post notices announcing the new vacancy.

5.         Planning
a)  Business Units at York Rd. Enterprise Park (18/01317/MFUL)
Had been approved
b)  Hydramotion (19/00058/FUL & 19/00059/ADV)
Awaiting determination
c)  Units at York Road – mezzanine floor (19/00093/73)
Had been approved
d)  Barn House, High Gaterley (19/00143/HOUSE)
Awaiting determination

6.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
The report to 28th February was considered to show that the position was satisfactory.  Jem pointed out that it was still likely that funds would be available for other worthwhile works.  It was agreed that road sweeping, particularly Barneygate Lane around Orchard corner, Low Lane from  Netherby Lane to Mynchon & Bardolph drive and from the Village Hall to Low Hutton Park, would be worthwhile.  David will ask Richard Wainwright if he would be able to undertake this on contract.
             b)    End of year accounts and audit
Jem will undertake these duties.

7.         Any Other Business
None

9.         Date of Next meetings
Wednesday 15th May 2019 for both the Annual and PC meetings and, provisionally, Tuesday 9th of July 2019 at 7.30pm.


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com



Signed:…………………………………………….(Chairman)

Date: …………………………….



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Friday, 22 March 2019

COUNCIL VACANCY


PARISH COUNCILLOR

VACANCY

 
There is a vacancy for a Parish Councillor as a result of the resignation of Richard Kershaw.
 
If you might be interested in standing please contact one of the Councillors (Andy Dorman, David Banks, Philip Barraclough or Simon Lealman) or the Clerk (Jem Charles).


© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Monday, 11 March 2019

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING


A   Meeting   of   Huttons Ambo   Parish   Council
will take place in the Village Hall
on Tuesday, 19th March 2019 at 7.30. 

Local residents are invited to attend all Parish Council Meetings.
Copies of the (unadopted) Minutes of Meetings will be posted on the Parish Notice Boards and the Village Website.

Agenda

1          Welcome, Councillors present, apologies for absence

2          Approval of Minutes of meeting on 15th January

3          Matters arising:
a)    30 mph speed limit
b)    Monitoring of PRoW
c)    Tree inspections
d)    Low Lane End
e)    War memorial/Mark Armstrong
f)     Retrospective charge for storage of filing cabinet 

4          New matters:
a)      Appointment of new Clerk
b)      Crime survey – Police Fire & Crime Commissioner
c)      YLCA course briefing
d)      Malton Town Council as statutory consultee for York Rd Ind. Estate
e)      Parish portal
f)       A64 cycle/foot-path
g)      Parish footpath map
h)      Community First Yorkshire survey
i)       Litter in Station “car park”
j)       Proposed closure order – Seven Street
k)      May elections 

5          Planning:
a)    Business Units at York Rd. Enterprise Park (18/01317/MFUL)
b)    Hydramotion (19/00058/FUL & 19/00059/ADV)
c)    Units at York Road – mezzanine floor (19/00093/73)
d)    Barn House, High Gaterley (19/00143/HOUSE) 

6          Finance:
a)    Budget progress to 28th February 2019
b)    End of year accounts and audit 

7          Any Other Business 

8          Date of next Meeting

  Provisionally 15th May


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council


© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Wednesday, 6 March 2019

Dates for Your Diary - March 2019

Huttons Ambo Youth Club


The next get-together will take place on Monday 11th March between 7pm and 830pm in the Village Hall.

The club is run by a paid youth worker with the aid of volunteers.

The cost is £2.50 per child and includes activities, games and refreshments.

Book Club

The next meeting is on the 27th March 2019 at 11am at Jo's house. The book is Last Orders by Graham Swift



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

Monday, 4 March 2019

Minutes of Huttons Ambo Parish History Group - Meeting Minutes

Minutes of Huttons Ambo Parish History Group meeting held on Thursday 28TH February 2019
Present at meeting
Philip Barraclough (PB), Pam Taylor (PT), Rona Charles(RC), Diane Savage (DS) Andy Doorman (AD), Graham Milner (GM), Carol Haig (CH), David Green (DG)
1. Apologies for Absence
Denise Doggett(DD), Ann Sanders and Alan Sanders
2. Action Report
RC reported that was still trying to obtain large scale mapping of the parish. This map was to be used to replace the hand annotated map held by Joyce Parker. AD stated that he was trying to obtain copies of large scale maps of the parish dating from the 19th Century. Unfortunately Malton library have lost one of the maps – but AD said he would pursue the matter. DG stated that he had a number of large scale maps dating from the 1960s. RC said that during her attempts to obtain maps from the County Council she had come across the fact that council holds a record on the archaeology etc of each parish and that she would try obtain details of the contents.
The meeting agreed that it would be of great value to hold maps of these three periods. However it was pointed out by PB that holding current property details would come within the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR).
PB reported that he had started writing a history of the village.
PB requested that members send him a list and brief description of any documents that the group hold on the history of the village.
3. The Exhibition
PB stated that in discussion with DD suggested that the Exhibition should be a one day event associated with a tea, coffee and cakes, which would hopefully attract more of the village than if it was just an exhibition. The meeting approved this and PB stated he would circulate some suggested dates.
4. PB reported that he had attended a course in London on oral history. One of the main issues tackled on the course apart conducting an interview was GDRP and the importance of obtaining written permission from the subject to obtain a recording and then how it would be used.
After considerable discussion it was decided that PB would interview DS, GM and if possible Clive Milson as a first step.
GM will investigate if his company has specialist recording equipment.

5. Goals for 2019.
Oral Histories
History walks
Archaeological Dig
Exhibition
First draft of village history
5. Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting is on Thursday 4th April in the Village Hall at 7pm.




© 2018 www.huttonsambo.com

Thursday, 24 January 2019

PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON
15th JANUARY 2019


1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
David Banks (Chairman) welcomed Cllrs. Richard Kershaw and Simon Lealman and Philip Barraclough.  Andy Dorman had sent apologies.  He also welcomed one member of the public.

2.         Approval of Minutes
a)  Minutes of the November meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3.         Matters Arising
a)  30 mph speed limit
David has not progressed this item
b)  Monitoring of PRoW
David had re-considered and explained that he felt a written approach to landowners and managers would not be appropriate.  He suggested a verbal approach would be preferable and this was agreed.  David will discuss with Richard Wainwright, and others as appropriate, minor works that would be desirable and the Council’s willingness to assist practically or financially.
c)  Tree inspections
Jem had obtained two quotations from professionally qualified companies.  It was agreed that these were excessive in relation to Parish funding.  Jem will seek advice from NYCC and RDC, as well as Community First Yorkshire, as to how other small Councils meet this obligation.
d)  Low Lane End
It was generally agreed that the new barriers and posts erected by Highways England (HE) should reduce the number of HGVs using the land adjacent to the junction as a turning bay.  Simon reported that he had witnessed vehicles using the field gateway as a turning point and causing obstruction to the highway since the alterations.  Jem will write to HE to ask whether there is anything that could be put in place to discourage such use.
e)  Other village maintenance
Graham Milner was thanked for arranging for the beck by the Swing Bridge to be cleared.  He will finish clearing the culvert mouth manually.  Jem has asked Mark Wilson to clear the footpath between High and Low Hutton.
f)   War memorial
David has yet to visit memorials in Hull to ascertain whether Mark Armstrong is commemorated there,  Philip also has yet to research the War Memorials Register.
g)  Green in front of Derwent Avenue
David had met with the Yorkshire Housing Association site manager and the resulting re-instatement was considered acceptable.  The YHA will monitor recovery of the grass sward and carry out any necessary work.

4.         New Matters
            a)   Vehicle speed enforcement on York Road
Jem reported that the Council has been informed that speed detector vans will be positioned here from time to time.

5.         Planning
a) Extension at No.3 Station Cottages
     Revised plans had been submitted.  Parish Council had supported approval.
b)  Old Methodist Chapel
Application withdrawn
c)  Business Units at York Rd. Enterprise Park
Jem had submitted Council’s objection.  The applicant had written to say that the architect will try to address the issues raised.

6.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
The report to 31st December was considered to show that the position was satisfactory.  Jem pointed out that it was still likely that funds would be available for other worthwhile works.
i)      David reported that the Village Hall treasurer had requested payment for use of the Hall store cupboard for the PC filing cabinet.  This was agreed.  Jem will liaise about invoicing and payment.
ii)     It was agreed that road sweeping, particularly Barneygate Lane around Orchard corner, Low Lane from  Netherby Lane to Mynchon & Bardolph drive and from the Village Hall to Low Hutton Park, would be worthwhile.  David will ask Richard Wainwright if he would be able to undertake this on contract.
        Precept and Budget 2019/20
The draft budget was accepted.

7.         Any Other Business
a                  It was agreed that membership of Community First Yorkshire should be renewed.

9.         Date of Next meetings
Tuesday 19th March 2019 and, provisionally, Wednesday 15th of May 2019 at 7.30pm.


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com



Signed:…………………………………………….(Chairman)

Date: …………………………….



© 2018 www.huttonsambo.com