Tuesday, 9 April 2019

Huttons Ambo Parish History Group - 4th April 2019

Minutes of Huttons Ambo Parish History Group meeting held on Thursday 4TH April 2019
Present at meeting
Philip Barraclough (PB), Rona Charles(RC), Graham Milner (GM) David Green (DG) and Emma Samuel(ES) Susan Milward (SM)
1. Apologies for Absence
Denise Doggett(DD), Ann Sanders, Alan Sanders, Pam Taylor (PT), Andy Doorman (AD), Andrew Jackson
2. Minutes of last meeting were agreed
3. The Exhibition
PB confirmed that the Exhibition would now take place on Saturday 29th June.
DG agreed to hold a Fair Trade stand to help raise fund.
Other events could include a children’s fancy dress in association with the Youth Club.
Refreshments based on a Victorian theme (Liz Ellis has agreed to sponsor the refreshments)
A village recipe book
 4. Oral history
PB reported that Clive Milson had agreed to take part and that in the absence of special audio equipment a smart phone would be used but that he would need to obtain the necessary software.
5. History walks
It was agreed that the history walks go ahead and that Simon Jackson be contacted regarding the history of the church and that Claire Jenyngs be contacted regarding access to the grounds of the Hall.
The idea of a history cruise on the Derwent was discussed with GM having access to a boat.
A party of 15 could be accommodated. It was agreed that a trial cruise should be undertaken beforehand. PB and RC agreed to take the lead.
Suggested Dates
Low Hutton 12th June
High Hutton 19th June
North of the A64 26th June
River Derwent History Cruise 21st July
6. Fund Raising
DD will hold a fund raising event on the 1ST June
7. Archaeological Dig
ES emphasized that any dig would need a research plan and would need to be properly documented. She suggested that we contact archaeologist John Kenny who has experience of running community archaeology projects. It was agreed that PB, SM and ES would field in the fields owned by SM to identify a likely target for digging on the 22nd April at 10am. She also suggested that we look into aerial mapping - York– Archaeological Air Mapping could be approached.
8. Any other business RC reported back on the files held on the parish by North Yorkshire County Council. It was apparent that there was little that was not already held by the group or has available on the internet.
Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting is on Thursday 9th May in the Village Hall at 7pm.



© 2019 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment