Wednesday, 4 April 2018

PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES 27th MARCH

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON

27th MARCH 2018


1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
Richard Green (Chairman) welcomed Cllrs. Andy Dorman, David Banks, Richard Kershaw and Simon Lealman and Clerk, Jem Charles.  He also welcomed Cllr. Caroline Goodrick and four members of the public. 

2.         Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the January meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3.         Matters Arising
a) Community Emergency Plan
A revised draft prepared by Richard G. was agreed and adopted.  Jem will arrange for a link to be posted on the village website.
b) A64 road junctions
There was agreement that, should each agency (Highways England (HE) & NYCC) accept responsibility for one junction, then it was appropriate for HE to maintain Low Lane End as most traffic movements are generated by the A64 and are not local.  Cllr. Goodrick reported that she is in conversation with both and is actively pursuing a solution.  She also reported that she has allocated funds from her limited budget and has tasked NYCC Highways with restoring effective drainage at Barneygate Lane End.  Richard G. thanked her for her continued assistance in both these matters.
c) Mobile Post Office
Jem reported that the internet speed at the village green post had been checked by Openreach and found to be adequate, at least for basic household use though not for existing equipment in the van.  A new router and mobile network aerial system have been fitted which should enable the van to provide a reliable service.
Notification has been received about a reduction in the time for which the van will stop in the village on both days.  Details have been posted on the PC noticeboard.
d)  Freedom of Information – Model Publication Scheme
A revised draft prepared by Richard G. was agreed and adopted.  Jem will arrange for a link to be posted on the village website.
e) War Memorial
Andy had consulted Mr Atkinson (monumental mason) on site and been advised that the discolouration from drips off the oak tree would best be removed by gentle scrubbing without detergent or solvents.  Andy had also made a successful start on the work and will continue.
f) Malton & Norton Neighbourhood Plan
Jem had written to the steering group indicating that no part of the Parish will be included in the Plan, but had received no response.
g) 30mph speed limit
David had written to NYCC Highways but has yet to receive a response.
h) Mike Potter ward meeting
Richard G. reported that he had found the meeting disappointing as it developed into an anti-fracking meeting without addressing how parish councils might respond to current proposals regarding seismic surveys.

4.         New Matters
a) Ineos seismic survey
Landowners who hold more than 10 acres have been asked to grant access licences to Ineos to conduct a seismic survey.  The Council has been asked for advice concerning how the community feels about the proposed survey.  It was agreed that the Council should seek to ascertain the views of Parishioners to be able to formulate and express a Community view.  This would be of significant value to individual landowners as well as the Council in representing residents collectively.  David will draft a consultation letter, with Richard G. (and others as necessary), which will be distributed to all households by mid-April.

5.         Planning
a) New House at Musley Bank
Awaiting determination
b) Detached outbuilding at 2 Club Cottage
Council decided that a site visit was required.  Jem will contact RDC to arrange a revised comment deadline.

6.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
The report to 28th February was considered to show that the position was acceptable.  Richard G. had been in discussion with Richard Wainwright and about possible road sweeping.  It was agreed that the terms suggested by were reasonable.  Richard G. will ask for this work to be carried out at their convenience.

7.         Any Other Business
a)  Andy asked whether there was any requirement for Council meetings to be held every 2 months.  Jem will ascertain the relevant regulations, and this will be discussed at a future meeting.

8.         Date of Next meetings
Tuesday 22nd May 2018 and, provisionally, 24th of July 2018 at 7.30pm.  The Annual Parish Meeting will also be held on the 22nd of May at 7.00.


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com




Signed:…………………………………………….(Richard Green, Chairman)

Date: ……………………………..



© 2018 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment