Friday, 7 October 2016

PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES SEPTEMBER 2016

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON 27th SEPTEMBER 2016

1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
Richard Green (Chairman) and Cllrs. David Banks, Andy Dorman, Jessie Garnett, and Simon Lealman, and Clerk, Jem Charles were present.  Three members of the public were also present.
           
2.         Minutes of the July PC meeting
These were approved and signed as being a true record

3.         Matters Arising
a)  Superfast Broadband
Richard summarised detailed responses that had been received from BTOpenreach and NYNET to letters sent by Simon and Jem.  The Council’s only means of expediting the availability of superfast would be by organising a community led project to provide, or significantly contribute towards, the required infrastructure.  It was agreed that this was neither realistic nor feasible for the number of potential subscribers.
Both High and Low Hutton are being considered for possible upgrade in Phase III of the Superfast North Yorkshire programme with tenders due to be opened in April 2017 and completion of agreed works by December 2020.  There is no guarantee either will be covered by the service offered by the accepted bidder.
A subsidy is available for subscribers whose broadband service does not reach certain minimum standards.  If there is sufficient demand these could be pooled and Boundless Communications has indicated that they would then be able to install a superfast wireless broadband service.  Other wireless providers may be in a similar position.
David and Richard will draft a flier, for distribution door to door, explaining the current situation and the options available.
b)  Back Lane gulleys & soakaways
The work promised has yet to be carried out.  Richard will write to Neil Jefferson at Highways, North Yorkshire.
c) Regular item in The Howardian
Richard will submit articles whenever there are appropriate matters on which to report.
d)  Giant Hogweed
The treatment this year has been very successful but another follow up treatment in Spring or early Summer will be needed.
e)  Barneygate Lane End bus shelter
The missing pane of glass has been replaced.  Jem will write to thank NYCC.
f)   Pavement in Low Hutton
Simon and Andy will clear the encroaching grass, possibly next week.

4.         New Matters
a)  Grass cutting contract
Cutting of the village green and the roadside strip by the church has continued to be erratic despite the contractor being reminded on 2 separate occasions.  It was agreed that this was not satisfactory.  The Council will take steps to ensure that the grass is cut, possibly including action by volunteers.  Graham Milner kindly offered to do this, if necessary, on condition that he had assistance.
b)  Parish Liaison meeting
Richard reported on the meeting of PC members from the Derwent Ward convened by Mike Potter, Cllr. RDC.  It was a useful meeting as an opportunity for councils to share experience.  HA appeared to be the most active of the council’s represented.
c)  Parish map
A small company had contacted the council to seek interest in preparing a map.  This was not though worthwhile.  Jem will decline the offer.
d)  Community led housing
Councillors supported the principle of local communities being actively involved in the provision of affordable/social housing.  It was not thought appropriate in HA, at least for the time being, both because of the lack of suitable land and the existing preoccupation of many active members of the community in the Village Hall project and other community beneficial projects.
e)  RAY Conference & AGM
Jem will write to indicate that HA will not be represented and will submit the voting proxy form.

5.         Planning
a)  Gledhow Cottage & Oaklea
Approved.
b)  Malton Enterprise Park
Approved.

7.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
     The report to 31st August was considered to show that the position was satisfactory.
b)  External auditor’s report
This report on the annual accounts had been received and was satisfactory.

8.         Any Other Business
a)  Condition of pavements
Those from Herbie’s shop to Orchard Cottage and from the church to the ‘phone box are in a very poor state and are treacherous for those with impaired walking ability.  It was thought not to be worthwhile raising this issue again with NYCC Highways.
b)  Road names
Some road names used officially are thought by at least one parishioner to be unhelpful.  Simon will investigate.
c)  Potholes on Low Lane
Simon will measure two he had identified as serious to determine whether they meet the criteria for attention.  He will contact Jem to write to Highways if appropriate.
d)  Correspondence
Jem reminded Councillors that it is useful to have a record of all official correspondence between Councillors and outside bodies or agencies to be held centrally.

9.         Date of Next meeting(s)
Tuesday 15th November and, provisionally, 17th of January 2017 at 7.30.  Venue to be announced depending on availability of the Village Hall once the refurbishment plan has been put into place.


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council


© 2016 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment