Friday, 15 July 2016

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 12thy JULY - DRAFT MINUTES


1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
Richard Green (Chairman) and Cllrs. Andy Dorman, Jessie Garnett, and Simon Lealman, and Clerk, Jem Charles were present.  Apologies had been received from Cllr. David Banks.  One member of the public was also present.
           
2.         Minutes of the 2015/16 Annual Meeting and the May PC meeting
These were approved and signed as being a true record

3.         Matters Arising
a)  Copper beech on Village Green
No further work has been carried out.  Andy will contact Tom (Cundalls Tree Surgeons) to ascertain when he may be able to undertake the work.
b)  Superfast Broadband
Richard, David and Simon had attended a discussion event organised by Kevin Holinrake.  Representatives of several service providers and NYNET were present and it was considered very useful.
i.       Phase III of the NYNET superfast broadband project, to make a connection available to the remaining 25,000 properties in North Yorkshire, is due to go to tender in September 2016 for work to start in April 2017.
ii.      If BTOpenreach wins the contract Huttons Ambo will be connected by fibre optic cable during the contract period.  The Council had heard from BT that the estimated cost would be £60k.  Simon will contact BT to seek a breakdown of this sum to help assess alternatives and also to ascertain whether a cheaper option, which might enable connection as part of normal commercial activity, would be feasible by installing a spur from a cable along the A64 at High Lane End.  Andy will investigate whether there are any BT manhole covers or boxes in the vicinity.
iii.     If the contract is awarded to a provider reliant on wireless technology that company would become the sole ISP for superfast broadband.  However households would no longer require a landline telephone connection if they transferred to VOIP for the telephone service.
iv.    A Community funding option is available but it was not considered worth pursuing at least for the time being as the cost, relative to the probable uptake, would be likely to be prohibitive.
v.      It appears that NYNET consider that the Parish already has access to superfast broadband with Boundless Communications.  Jem will write to NYNET to disabuse them of this misconception and inform them that broadband speeds often fall well below 1mB/s or even fall to zero.  He will also ask that access to their coverage map be granted and to be kept informed of the progress of Phase III and how high on the priority list HA sits, given the size of the community and its proximity to Malton.
c) Potholes
Jem had sent a list of those greater than 40mm in depth to NYCC Highways.  These had (almost) all been filled within days.
d)  Back Lane gullies & soakaways
Richard had written to NYCC Highways and had met the local engineer who, after inspecting the gulleys, promised that the necessary work would be undertaken.
e)  Give and Gain
Two staff members from the Racing Welfare charity had volunteered to carry out some work to benefit the community.  They, with assistance from Andy, had cleared the pavement between the High and Low villages.  The Council had made a small donation in appreciation.  The remainder of Back and Buck Lanes pavements were cleared by Andy and Andy Clarke.  The Council expressed its thanks.
f)   Marie Curie tea party
The Meeting Point team had agreed to host this and to make the regular event a fund raiser.  They, very generously, donated the day’s takings to the charity and these, added to the donations by the community at the event and subsequently, provided a total of £132 which was gratefully received by the charity.

4.         New Matters
a)  Giant Hogweed
Jem had assisted John Shannon to treat the remaining infestation.  Treatment last year had been very successful but complete clearance might take one, or more, further follow-up treatments.  Andy & Jem will monitor the effectiveness of the treatment.
b)  Regular item in The Howardian
Richard had submitted articles about the PC in the past but this had lapsed.  It was agreed that this would again be worthwhile.  Richard will resume.
c)  Village bulletin
The Council agreed to contribute to the cost of printing by periodically reimbursing the cost of printer cartridges.
d)  Queen’s Awards for Voluntary Service
Jem will forward information to the Meeting Point team and the Village Hall refurbishment committee for information,

5.         Planning
a)  Gledhowe Cottage & Oaklea
Awaiting determination.
b)  Malton Enterprise Park
Awaiting determination.

7.         Finance
a)  Budget progress
     The report to 30th June was considered to show that the position was satisfactory.

8.         Any Other Business
a)  Sweet chestnut on Village green
            Simon suggested that the lowest branches should be removed to improve access for mowing.  Andy suggested that the fence could also be removed.  All Councillors will look at the tree to agree any action at the next meeting.
b)  Finger Post
The AONB has erected a sign indicating their contribution to the recent restoration.  Andy will consider how the Parish Council might similarly record its contribution.
c)  High Lane End bus shelter
Andy reported that a pane of glass has been missing for some time.  Jem will discover who is responsible for maintenance and request replacement.
d)  Hedge at Railway Cottages
Andy had received notification of an issue regarding the height of a hedge.  It was agreed that this was not a matter of public interest and therefore outside the competence of the Parish Council.  Andy will inform the resident of the name of a RDC officer who may be able to help.
e)  Pavement in Low Hutton
Simon reported that the vegetation in the accumulated debris had been sprayed which he considered pointless.  This was not part of the village maintenance contract.  Simon will arrange for the clearance of the debris by volunteers, himself included.
f)   Grass cutting
It was noted that the grass on the green and roadside edges along from the church were again rather long.  Only one invoice had yet been received, and settled.  Jem will contact Kevin asking for work to date to be invoiced and suggesting that another cut should be made soon.

9.         Date of Next meeting(s)
Tuesday 13th September and, provisionally, 15th of November 2016 at 7.30.

Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com


Signed:…………………………………………….(Richard Green, Chairman)


Date: ……………………………..

© 2016 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment