Thursday, 16 July 2015

HUTTONS AMBO PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING ON 8th JULY 2015

1.         Welcome, Councillors present & Apologies
Cllrs. Andy Dorman, Jessie Garnett, David Banks & Richard Green, and Clerk, Jem Charles were present.  Cllr. Simon Lealman sent apologies.  One member of the public was also present.

2.         Minutes of the May meeting were approved and signed as being a true record.

3.         Matters Arising
a)  Verge Cutting
Concern was expressed about road safety arising from the reduction in cutting by NYCC and, particularly, the late timing of the first cut.  The Council thanked Bob Mansell and Richard Wainwright for the swiping they had carried out.
It was not considered appropriate to seek to raise the precept to allow the Parish Council to undertake verge cutting but Jem will write to NYCC Highways:
1.     To express dissatisfaction at the timing of the first cut and seek assurance that this will be done earlier from 2016 and
2.     To explain the serious threat to pedestrian safety posed by vegetation blocking footpaths in front of Grange Farm and along Back Lane.
b)  Salt Bins
Andy reiterated that NYCC will only replenish 4 bins/heaps in the Parish.  Andy will seek clarification as to the location of the 2 bins on Water Lane to be filled by NYCC.  Jem will order 1 Tonne at a cost of £157.20 to be delivered to Bob Mansell’s yard so that other bins can be filled.
c) YLCA membership
This has been allowed for a £43 subscription but will be reviewed next year.  The Council’s suggestion regarding subscription rate bands is to be discussed at the YLCA September meeting.
d)  N. Yorkshire Police – Community Grants
Road signs are not eligible for these but Andy has learnt that NYCC might be willing to erect school warning signs for the bus stops.  Andy will indicate to NYCC appropriate locations.
e)  Parish Community Plan
Has been distributed.
f)   Village Hall refurbishment
The Lottery Bid has been lodged.  Andy outlined the extent of the work planned if the bid is successful and adequate funds are available.
g)  Copper beech on the Green
The tree was planted by Arthur Milsom on the direction of Col. Starkey and is of no discernible memorial significance.  Andy has asked a tree surgeon to advise on likely costs of crown reduction and frequency of likely necessary work to maintain the crown.
h)  Giant Hogweed by the River Derwent
Jem has arranged all necessary permissions to allow access to the affected stretch from The Alders.  The East Yorkshire Rivers Trust will be carrying out control soon.
i)   A64 junctions
Jem has corresponded with both the Highways Agency’s contractor and NYCC Highways.  It is now clear that the lack of drainage at the Barneygate lane end is the responsibility of NYCC.  A response from them regarding remedial work is awaited.
A response is also awaited from the Highways Agency regarding possible road safety improvements at both the Barneygate and Low Lane End junctions.
j)   Broadband
Andy and Jem had met with the marketing director of LN Communications to discuss possible wireless superfast broadband provision.  A mast at Birdsall Brow will be operational in the next few weeks which will allow coverage of both High and Low Hutton.  LNC are to supply further information and detail, as well as Declaration of Interest forms, for distribution with the monthly Bulletin.

4.         New Matters
a)  Parish Council website page
Philip Stone has requested that Councillors provide a photograph of themselves and a couple of sentences of description for inclusion on the PC Home page of the Village website.  This was unanimously agreed as being worthwhile.  Each Councillor will forward to Jem a photograph and text which could include; length of time as a Councillor and interests/plans/aspirations as a Councillor.
b)  Petanque Court
The Council supports the idea of provision of a court if there is sufficient interest and a suitable location can be identified.  If a group was formed to carry this forward the Council would assist where possible.
c)  Community Awards
At present there is no candidate meeting the criteria.  It was agreed that the Village Hall refurbishment project would be considered a very worthy candidate next year if work progresses according to plan.
d)  Community Friendly Buildings event
Ruth Hannah gave the Council a very useful summary of the event she had attended.  The Council strongly supports the Village Hall refurbishment project in making the Hall as welcoming to all as possible.
e)  YLCA Joint Annual meeting
To be held on the 18th July.  Any Councillor intending to attend please inform Jem by Wednesday 15th

5.         Planning
a)  4 Station Cottages
This application had been discussed at a previous meeting. It has now been approved subject to a condition concerning screening.

6.         Finance
a)  Budget Progress
Jem presented income/expenditure data, to date and the position is satisfactory.

7.         Any Other Business
a) Grit salt bin at Farmanby Close
Andy had received a request that the bin at Farmanby Close be moved.  Andy will liaise with residents and move the bin accordingly.
b) Transparency Code for Smaller Councils
Jem has learnt that the financial data already made available on the Village website is insufficient.  Jem will add a further table of data to ensure compliance with the Code.

8.         Date of Next meeting(s)
23rd September at 7.30 and, provisionally, 18th November at 7.30.


Jem Charles, Clerk to the Parish Council
parishclerk@huttonsambo.com


Signed:…………………………………………….(Andy Dorman, Chairman)


Date: ……………………………..


© 2015 www.huttonsambo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment